Got a question? Ask here!
  • pipi
    Administrator
    Questions about the Alpha or the development of Secrets of Rætikon?
    Ask us anything!
    Co-Founder
    @martinpi
  • fortiousfortious
    Open Alpha Player
    Is there a meaning behind the transformation from the Silvers to the gold coloring on the statues?
  • HeroloverHerolover
    Open Alpha Player
    Hi there,

I am a beginner for such games and don´t know quite less about everything. That´s why please be Patient with me even if I bother.

I installed the game in a new file and used the raeticon.exe. The game always starts in full Monitor Modus and I can only use the Keyboard to control the game. Now my question: where can I find a table with hot keys or control elements which make me able to pause and end the game, which key is for what functionality and so on. Do I anything wrong from the beginning? Is there another way to start the game?

I use a Windows 8.1 AiO PC from Samsung.

Thank you for your help,

Wilfried
  • HeroloverHerolover
    Open Alpha Player
    Ha, I found it. It´s the Tab-key. the solution was to read within the Forum.

Thank´s nevertheless,

Wilfried
  • atomicatomic
    Open Alpha Player
    Upon signing up to the forum (and later in preferences) would you consider rethinking your options for gender? I was surprised to see that a) I couldn't skip this question or choose 'would rather not say' considering this is absolutely irrelevant b) you didn't take into account users who don't identify as male or female. Come on, it's 2013. Surely you know better.
  • ClemensClemens
    Administrator
    @atomic: TOTALLY! This is really annoying but there seems no way to turn this off! I don't even know why it's there in the first place and I have been searching for plugins and other solutions to turn it off, but had no luck so far. We might just hack the forum software ourselves to turn this off.
    Clemens - Co-Founder & Artist @ Broken Rules
    @Rostiger
  • atomicatomic
    Open Alpha Player
    Very glad to know you don't want it that way either. That's really awesome.
  • ClemensClemens
    Administrator
    Weirdly enough, there is this. I just want exactly the opposite.
    @Rostiger
  • bobbyballsbobbyballs
    Open Alpha Player
    What direction will the alpha take, I done everything I could do in the alpha in around 1hour and half. The game is very good but very short right now collecting all shard will be the end of the 1st world I suppose not the game ?

Anyway I like how you get attacked by other species, and how you can use elements to defend yourself or a dead body to feign enemies, sometimes I find it hard to read level exit or passages because the colors between layers and background are maybe not enough contrasted or maybe lights could get out of those passages to show an exit. I like how elements are permanent, such as rock or bodies position .

I have a suggestion, maybe we could eat things (mushrooms of different colors ?) that could boost our strength to lift bigger rocks faster or make us faster permanently or for a short time it's up to you to decide.

Could winds have a color change based on the direction they take like cold winds and hot winds ?

Will you add snow/ice levels ? =)

The game is pretty great as I was expecting, I'm glad I backed it, and glod you choose PC as platform for this game because I had no wii U to play Chasing Aurora.

• IsotopeIsotope
    Open Alpha Player
    When will keys be sent?
  • peterpeter
    Administrator
    You should have yours today in the evening!
    Peter - Co-Founder, TecHead & Physics Puppeteer @ Broken Rules
    @blunzn
  • mrmmatricksmrmmatricks
    Open Alpha Player
    Hello!
    Just played a little bit for the first time. And really loved it!

Just two remarks:

Could you make clearer from the onset that the game is automatically saving when you are exiting the game? I was not sure how to safe and did not dare to quit because i could lose my gamestate.

Another thing which is more on the design part: when you bring a shard to the cages and the cage is opening, the birds are not free. I guess when you find all shards these cages will open. But it is kind of dishartening to just see the birds locked after accomplishing something. :( Maybe you set the free immediately and do some other cool thing when you find all shards? I think that would generate a more immediate emotional impact on the player every time they return a shard.

Matthias
  • KlaimenKlaimen
    Open Alpha Player
    Hey, so far I've been enjoying the game very much, thank you!

I've seen others talking about themselves playing the Alpha via Steam. Are you giving out Steam keys already, or did they just install it as a shortcut?

Also, how often do new Alpha versions get released? Is it on a weekly base? I'm kinda hoping for a performance increase since the game does receive some framerate issues at certain parts (when the screen gets busy).

Thank you!
  • peterpeter
    Administrator
    Hey,

we try to get them out weekly, but i guess the next one is going to be beginning of next week.

We sent steam keys to some early alpha testers to see if everything is working, you will all get them as soon as we launch on steam (should be before our indiegogo campaign ends).

Regarding framerate issues: i uploaded an optimised build already last monday, see this thread:

what are your hardware specs?

kind regards
    @blunzn
  • KlaimenKlaimen
    Open Alpha Player
    Hey thanks for the quick reply clearing things up =)

I'm on a Windows 8.1 64-bit machine (so that Mac build is of not much use to me, heh). I'm running a Dell Studio 15 Notebook with Intel Core2 Duo @2.26Ghz, 4GB RAM and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400.

Greetz!
  • peterpeter
    Administrator
    Oh,

try this: www.secrets-of-raetikon.com/Alpha/RaetikonAlphaFastrendererWin.zip
    its a fresh nightly build, so please ignore any weirdness (besides the usual weirdness) :)

and please tell me if you have still any problems with performance.

@blunzn
  • KlaimenKlaimen
    Open Alpha Player
    I just tried it, and I don't know what magic you did, but it runs a LOT smoother on my machine now! I had to erase all the option data from the User/Roaming folder first, after that the game was running fine! I could even run it at full resolution (1440x900) at full screen, and it was quite acceptable (low frame rate, but I always have to lower the resolution here). I will play around more with that tomorrow, see what suits me best now (before I could play only at 800x450, I hope I can it running smooth at above 1000 width).

Thanks so much for doing this so quickly for me, it's really appreciated! Especially since I know you're working at night. Go take some rest :)
  • JmzthFshJmzthFsh
    Open Alpha Player
    How do I get my grubby little hands on the alpha? And what's this about a key?
    I'm asking because I just put in for the alpha and soundtrack, and my wife put in for the alpha.
  • ClemensClemens
    Administrator
    Hey there! First of all, thanks for supporting us! 
    You will get your key within the next few hours - we have to send out the keys manually, so it always takes a little while until we fire up the script. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience.

@Rostiger
  • JmzthFshJmzthFsh
    Open Alpha Player
    No problem. You would've heard from me hours ago, but I was waiting for the "automagics" to work.
    Will my wife get hers, too, when you run the script? 
  • ClemensClemens
    Administrator
    Yes! Everyone who backed the campaign since the last time we sent out keys and forum invitations will receive both with the next time we run the script.
    @Rostiger
  • GlitchenhazeGlitchenhaze
    Open Alpha Player
    Where are the FAQ's?   This game is NOT self explanatory.   The key instructions show up once and then fade out.   I can't remember what key does what.   I've collected all the little light things, got 22 out of 25 on the temple-like thing, can't figure out what to do next or how to do anything, actually.   There must be some better instructions about this game somewhere.   Very frustrating.
  • peterpeter
    Administrator
    Pressing Esc/Start gets you to the menu, there you can find the control scheme.

This game is about exploring the world (which is of course difficult if you don't know how to control your bird :)), so maybe you can find 3 more slivers by just flying around the first level.

If not, here is a hint: on the left trees there are some wind chimes hanging around. Fly into them to create some music and slivers. Or try to help the little birdies!

Please just ask if you are stuck anywhere else!
    @blunzn
  • GlitchenhazeGlitchenhaze
    Open Alpha Player
    Thank you for the reply.   My husband and I both just joined (JmztheFsh) and we managed to get to the next area where I was attacked repeatedly by a big bird.   My life level went down very low and we could not figure out how to get well.  I tried eating (or killing), I tried resting.   Nothing.   Just quit the game. 
    When we had gone into the control areas, it said something about a tutorial.   Is there one?   If I hadn't seen the video you all made for the Indie site, I wouldn't have had a clue how to do anything.  I'm not very good with puzzles, so maybe this game isn't the best for me.   :-(   
  • peterpeter
    Administrator
    To get well you can collect those red health orbs. You get them from ripped out plants, or from other dead animals. 
    The tutorial is the first level, where texts are displayed telling you about the controls (like "press x to flap"). We should probably display them longer so they can't be missed, currently they are fading out after a certain time or if you do what they say. As this is still an alpha your feedback will find its way into the final game :)

You can just evade the buzzard (the bird which killed you in the beginning) by just flying away, but you also can kill him. Not directly - you don't have any attack move - but by using the environment. Look out for those red spikes, they are dangerous for all animals, but also for you. E.g. there are some plants you can rip out, which have a spiky root. You can use them to fight the buzzard.
    @blunzn
  • I just bought the soundtrack edition of the game through the main site.
    Love the game so far and I also love the music, however I cannot find the soundtrack itself anywhere.
    Usually it's on a seperate tab in the humble store, or in the game files in steam but apparently not for this game.
  • pipi
    Administrator
    You can't find the soundtrack because we have not released it yet. The music is all done but it's not mastered yet and not put in a format that we can distribute. All extras should be ready by April/May. Sorry that it takes so long but we've got a game to finish.
    Co-Founder
    @martinpi
  • Thanks for the reply. Was already thinking it might not be released yet, but couldn't find any indication of that anywhere. But yeah focus on the awesome game first, I'll just make another play-through to listen to the music :P
  • RossRoss
    Sorry, ma non conosco l'inglese! Volevo avvisarvi che ogni volta che l'uccello (the bird) muore (did) il gioco si blocca ed è impossibile continuare a giocare. Il gioco è installato su MacBook pro fine 2012 - SO X Mavericks - RAM 4 GB - Memoria libera (free) 456 GB. Cosa posso fare? Grazie

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID